I’ve recovered from seeing “Avengers: Infinity War” twice on opening day. As the movie is on pace to make over $250 million in it’s opening weekend, I wanted to share some initial thoughts- No Spoilers Edition.
Things I really liked:
Thor’s story is incredible, and picks up the same tone and pace from the last solo Thor movie. He spends a good chunk of the movie interacting with The Guardians of the Galaxy, and it is incredibly enjoyable. And once he rejoins the rest of the crew for the major fight scene in Wakanda…watch out.
The combination of Iron Man, Dr Strange, and Spider-Man have some of the most well done dialogue in the entire movie. It’s clever, fast, and very emotional. One thing I realized is just how much Robert Downey Jr means to the entire franchise. It is his Marvel universe, and that shines through in the film.
Some other things to look out for:
- Wakanda- still the number one tourist destination in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Thanos is scary. The size and strength of the Hulk and an insane desire to destroy. He’s called the “Mad Titan” for a reason.
- Captain America’s reveal is perfect. If Tony Stark is the architect of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, than Steve Rodgers is it’s heart.
- As always, Marvel nails the post credit scene (only one, at the very, very, very end)
- The score was incredible. The music really added layers to the characters.
Overall, I’m glad I saw it twice on opening day, and expect I’ll see it again in a few weeks.